Saturday, November 8, 2014

motionDeformer : Maya/C++

Here a motion deformer for maya done in c++ which simulate motionBlur directly onto a mesh.
This tool write custom VertexColor attribute onto the mesh that can be used with sOup for particle emission.
Can be also use for emiting Fluid on fast moving mesh emitter and avoid stuttering effect.
Different parameter are available : speed scale, deformation amplitude, clamp, us textureMap, reverse motion, do Squash & Stretch ...


motion deformer Maya c++ from Silvestre Julien on Vimeo.



malcom rig from animschool.com

Parameter:


5 comments:

  1. Hi. It will be my pleasure to work with it. However, I’m using Maya 2016 and I’m trying to load the plugin with no luck. I’ve placed motionDeformer.mll and motionDeformer.so for 2016 in the plug-ins folder. After launching Maya 2016 I still do not see it listed from within the Plug-in Manager. Can you offer any suggestions for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. It will be my pleasure to work with it. However, I’m using Maya 2016 and I’m trying to load the plugin with no luck. I’ve placed motionDeformer.mll and motionDeformer.so for 2016 in the plug-ins folder. After launching Maya 2016 I still do not see it listed from within the Plug-in Manager. Can you offer any suggestions for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think should place the "plug-ins" folder in "...\Documents\maya\2016" and motionDeformer.mod in "..\Documents\maya\2016\modules", now appears in the Plug-in Manager, but I don´t know how to call the deformer.
      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Different installation possible A or B:
      A- Add the "motionDeformer" folder path to your MAYA_MODULE_PATH environment variable.
      B-1 Copy .mll/.so from "motionDeformer\20XX\plug-ins" to location that Maya scans for plugins
      B-2 Copy .mel from "motionDeformer\scripts" to location that Maya scans for scripts

      For using it in maya:
      Select your mesh and execute one of the following command:
      mel : deformer -type "motionDeformer"
      python : cmds.deformer( type = "motionDeformer")

      Delete